Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moonlight

Hey. It's three a.m. I just finished recording two pieces of music. One of them, called Sombra de una Sombra, was a piece I had written on the piano for the original short film. I believe the master tapes are at my cousin's place in Bogota so I decided to sit down and re-record them and me being me I couldn't help but start messing with it and going on a suggestion by a friend that the song, don't laugh, reminded him of certain Piano Sonata by non-other than Beethoven, I went ahead and modified the initial arpeggio and the bass line a bit to make the slight similarity a bit more pronounced. To add to the sacrilege, after finishing that piece I went ahead and took the first movement from The Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2 by Ludwig Van and rearranged it. Check it out at www.virb.com/useche and you scroll down on the player to find it. If you're a fan of the ol' wig my apologies in advance... I am too, and know very well the piece is sheer perfection as it is, one of my all time favorites along with Bach's Air, and Brahm's cello concerto and... nevermind i'm rambling, I'm kinda hungry. After I grab a bite I'll see if I can keep working for a while ... but she does look so warm and comfy....
gnight.

"Marching into the Light" by Andres Useche